June 28th, 2021 is National Insurance Awareness Day. This day started for small businesses to serve as a reminder to review their insurance policies and assess their risk. We here at Paris Kirwan Associates think this day can serve as a reminder to everyone, not just businesses, to make sure they have the best coverages for their needs.
Here are the three P’s of insurance planning to consider when reviewing your policies or talking to your agent:
Prevention: Risk management is something we focus on heavily here at Paris Kirwan Associates. We believe it is better to prevent a loss before it happens. Ask yourself:
· Are you taking the necessary precautions to mitigate risk?
· Are you following state and federal safety guidelines and practices?
Policy: Your life or business is constantly changing, your insurance policy should too. Ask yourself:
· Have you done any large improvements to your home?
· Any new drivers in your household or business you need to insure?
· Have you added new services for your customers?
Proper Protection: One size does not fit all when it comes to insurance. We are an independent insurance broker which allows us to evaluate your needs and pair you with the best company.
As your business or life changes, we can find a company to suit your ever-changing needs. Although National Insurance Awareness Day is only on June 28th, we suggest taking these three P’s and evaluating your needs throughout the year.